- 1 cup basmati rice organic
- 3 whole bell peppers organic
- 1.5 cups black beans organic
- 1 cup brown mushrooms organic
- 2 tbsp cilantro organic, chopped
- 1 clove garlic organic
- 1 whole serrano peppers organic
- 3 tbsp olive oil organic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
*Cooking times may vary.
Preparing the Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a deep dish pan.
- Rinse the 1 cup of the dry basmati rice and place into a pot with a lid. Add 1.5 cups of water and bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat to low and cover with a lid and let it cook for 17 minutes.
- Place the 1.5 cups of black beans into a separate pot on a low heat.
- Chop the 1 whole serrano pepper, 1 cup of brown mushrooms, 1 clove of garlic, and 2 tbsp of cilantro finely and place into the same pot as the beans.
Cooking the Dish
- Hollow out 3 bell peppers by only removing the tops and emptying the inner seeds.
- Place a 1/3 scoop of rice, followed by the beans into each open bell pepper. Then, add 1 tbsp of olive oil on top of each open bell pepper, followed by a pinch of sea salt.
- Place in the oven on the deep dish pan for 20 minutes, or until each pepper is tender. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe