Black Bean Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 77
- ferulic acid
- sinapic acid
- chlorogenic acid
- essential amino acids
- complex carbohydrates
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful cardiovascular disease protection
- powerful heart attack prevention
- powerful digestive health boost
- powerful cholesterol management
- blood sugar management
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Great source of complex carbohydrates with a slow release of glucose into the bloodstream for an extended endurance threshold.
- Great source of iron (common athletic deficiency) for an increase in energy levels.
- Great source of essential minerals to fill in nutrient gaps to increase overall athletic performance.
- Protect long-term health from excessive athletic demands.
Glycemic Index Rank
35 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
>1 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Black beans are an essential power food for any individual. They contain high amounts of fiber, iron, complex carbohydrates, amino acids, trace minerals, and B-vitamins. They can be eaten regularly (unless you negatively react to them in anyway) and can benefit the body in huge ways including lower cancer risk, lower heart attack risk, lower cardiovascular disease risk, blood glucose management, and digestive health boost.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.