Olive Oil Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - N/A
- oleanolic acid
- polyunsaturated fat
- monounsaturated fat
- omega-3 (13:1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio)
- omega-6 (13:1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio)
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful anti-aging properties
- cardiovascular system health boost
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- lower blood pressure
- promote weight-loss
- pain relief
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Superior fat source for long-term energy and weight-loss.
- Reduce bone, joint, and muscle inflammation for improved recovery times.
- Relax muscles and promote restfulness for high volume training days when sleep is more difficult.
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
<1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Olive oil has long been known for its potent health benefits. Antioxidants, vitamin E, and omega fatty acids make up only a few of olive oil's nutritious profile attributes. Its ability to help prevent cancer, protect against cardiovascular disease, decrease inflammation, and promote anti-aging makes it an obvious superfood. Most individuals can benefit from regular intake of this natural food.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.