Shiitake Mushroom Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 27
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful disease protection
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- increased arthritis protection
- increased blood vessel protection
- immune system boost
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Increase recovery rate for higher training volume.
- Increase energy levels for daily sports activity.
- Anti-bacterial properties to fight against infection from a weakened immune system.
Glycemic Index Rank
10 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.5 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Shiitake mushrooms constitute as being a leading vegetable for having outstanding CVD (cardiovascular disease) protective properties. Regardless of how they may taste to select individuals, they carry very potent health benefits for the immediate and long term time frames. In addition, shiitake mushrooms may improve your overall mood and pain scale.
- Mushrooms and Cancer
- Antioxidants of Edible Mushrooms
- Lentinus edodes: A Macrofungus with Pharmacological Activities
- Inhibition of Growth and Induction of Apoptosis in Human Cancer Cell Lines by an Ethyl Acetate Fraction from Shiitake Mushrooms
- An Examination of Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Fungal Properties of Constituents of Shiitake (Lentinula edodes) and Oyster (Pleurotus ostreatus) Mushrooms
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.