- 1/2 cup dry basmati rice organic
- 1/2 cup cucumber organic, strips
- 1 whole carrots organic
- 1 cup soft tofu organic, strips
- 1 sheet nori seaweed organic
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar organic
- 1 tbsp sugar organic
- 3/4 cup water
*Cooking times may vary.
- Place the 1/2 cup of dry basmati rice and 3/4 cup of water into a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Then, simmer with a lid for exactly 17 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, add the 1 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of rice vinegar. Cook on a medium heat while stirring until dissolved, about 3 minutes. Then, pour as needed (not too much) onto the basmati rice and mix together. This will make it stickier for sushi rolls.
- Slice the 1/2 cup of cucumber, 1 whole carrot, and 1 cup of soft tofu length wise into long strips.
- Using one sheet of nori, spread one small layer of rice evenly across. Add the soft tofu, cucumber, and carrot strips sparingly.
- Dip two fingers into water and wet the top end of the nori sheet. Roll from the bottom end upwards to make a cylinder and connect the wet nori end to the dry nori and press tightly to stick.
- Use a sharp and set knife to slice into sushi rolls.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy! Tastes great with organic low sodium soy sauce!
Share this Recipe