PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - N/A
- caffeic acid
- ferulic acid
- coumaric acids
- p-coumaric acid
- hydroxycinnamic acids
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful eyesight health protection
- powerful cardiovascular disease protection
- stroke protective properties
- anti-aging properties
- teeth & gum health boost
- skin & hair health boost
- bone & joint health boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Slow release of complex carbohydrates for prolonged exercise energy.
- Electrolyte replenishment for hot training days.
- Reduce bone and joint damage from strenuous repetitive exercise.
- Promote body alkalinity and increase anaerobic threshold.
Glycemic Index Rank
47 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.9 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Carrots are the benchmark vegetable when it comes to overall health and well-being. They are complete with fiber, complex carbohydrates, electrolytes, and essential vitamins and minerals. Carrots may have a unique ability to help kill off cancer cells before they form because of its high potency of phytochemicals and antioxidants.
- Falcarinol and Intestinal Cancer
- Role of Antioxidants for the Treatment of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Brain "Fog", Inflammation and Obesity: Key Aspects of Neuropsychiatric Disorders Improved by Luteolin
- Cyanidin-3-Glucoside Suppresses Cytokine-Induced Inflammatory Response in Human Intestinal Cells
- The Anti-Tumor Natural Compound Falcarindiol Promotes Cancer Cell Death by Inducing Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.