- 1 whole avocados organic
- 2 clove garlic organic
- 2 cups pinto beans organic, dry
- 1 cup yellow onion organic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth organic
- 1/2 tsp course black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 6 cups water
*Cooking times may vary.
- Place the 2 cups of dry pinto beans, 6 cups of water, and 1 cup of vegetable broth into a pot and bring to a boil. Then, turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Then, let it stand for 60 minutes without heat.
- Chop the 2 cloves of garlic and 1 cup of yellow onion finely.
- In a slow cooker, add the pinto beans, yellow onion, and garlic. Cook on a high heat for 5 hours or until the pinto beans are tender.
- Peel and slice the 1 whole avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Then, place the pinto beans, yellow onion, garlic, avocado, 1/2 tsp of course black pepper, and 1/8 tsp of sea salt into a bowl and mash with a large spoon while the beans are still hot. Mix contents until homogeneous.
- Enjoy with vegetables or on sandwiches as a topping!
Share this Recipe