PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 16
- allyl sulfides
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- increased connective tissue health boost
- immune system health boost
- anti-inflammatory properties
- improved blood glucose management
- improved cholesterol management
- anti-bacterial properties
- body detoxifier
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Increase immune system health and response to post-workout vulnerabilities.
- Help detox away heavy metals and stored wastes from muscle tissue.
- Help protect against cancer risk from excessive oxidative stress levels.
- Used by ancient athletes to prepare for competition and still reins true for today.
Glycemic Index Rank
10 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
<1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Onions have been a popular superfood all throughout history. They help to ward off colds, cancer, and disease, in addition, they may act as powerful nutrient rich combatants of aging. Onions may be used as an anti-microbial treatment, anti-inflammatory remedy, and glucose management food. They may also be consumed regularly with minimal to no side effects (given you are not allergic, intolerant, or reactive in any way).
- Anti-Bacterial Activity of Polyphenols
- Onion and Garlic Use and Human Cancer
- Food Content, Processing, Absorption and Metabolism of Onion Flavonoids
- Garlic and Onions: Their Effect on Eicosanoid Metabolism and its Clinical Relevance
- Higher Bioaccessibility of Iron and Zinc from Food Grains in the Presence of Garlic and Onion
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.