Pinto Bean Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 62
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful cardiovascular disease protection
- powerful heart attack protection
- powerful digestive health boost
- powerful cholesterol management
- improved blood sugar management
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Great source of complex carbohydrates with a slow release of glucose into the bloodstream for an extended endurance threshold.
- Great source of iron (common athletic deficiency) for an increase in energy levels.
- Great source of essential minerals to fill in nutrient gaps to increase overall athletic performance.
- Protect long-term health from excessive athletic demands.
Glycemic Index Rank
40 out of 100
|less than 55
Food Sensitivity Rank
<1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity
|less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)
Pinto beans rein high on our health beneficial food list. They contain high amounts of fiber, iron, complex carbohydrates, amino acids, trace minerals, and B-vitamins. They can be eaten regularly (unless you negatively react to them) and can benefit the body in huge ways including helping to lower cancer risk, lower heart attack risk, lower cardiovascular disease risk, improved blood glucose management, and digestive health boost.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.