- 1/2 cup dry basmati rice organic
- 2 cups okra organic
- 1 cup tomatoes organic, minced
- 1 cup yellow onion organic, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil organic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder organic
- 1 tsp coriander organic
- 3/4 cup water
*Cooking times may vary.
- In a cooking pot, add the 1/2 cup of dry basmati rice and 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer with a lid for exactly 17 minutes.
- In a large wok or frying pan on a medium/high heat, add the 3 tbsp of olive oil, 1 cup of minced yellow onion, and 2 cups of okra. Cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Then, add the the 1 cup of minced tomatoes and 1/2 tsp of chili powder and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and add the coriander. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Serve the dish with hot basmati rice, and enjoy!
Share this Recipe