PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 38
- caffeic acid
- ferulic acid
- esculeoside A
- coumaric acids
- p-coumaric acid
- hydroxycinnamic acids
- 9-oxo-octadecadienoic acid
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful cardiovascular system health boost
- increased free radical protection
- increased carcinogen protection
- bone & joint health boost
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- decrease stress
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Decrease post-exercise recovery times from lower inflammation levels.
- Help protect bone & joint structures from health decline.
- Help protect against excess free radical & carcinogen damage from prolonged exercise durations and intensities (especially next to roads and highways).
- Protect long-term health from excessive athletic demands.
Glycemic Index Rank
15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1.3 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Tomatoes are extremely valuable fruits. They are potent antioxidant and phytonutrient powerhouses that are very effective at counteracting cancer causing carcinogens from binding to DNA structures. In addition, tomatoes help to decrease stress, inflammation, cardiovascular disease risk, and also free radical damage.
- The Tomato Saponin, Esculeoside A
- Lycopene, Tomatoes, and Coronary Heart Disease
- The Effects of Tomato Consumption and Type 2 Diabetics
- The Role of Tomato Products and Lycopene in the Prevention of Prostate Cancer
- Tomatine-Containing Green Tomato Extracts Inhibit Growth of Human Breast, Colon, Liver, and Stomach Cancer Cells
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.