PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 65
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- increased cardiovascular disease protection
- anti-inflammatory benefits
- blood glucose management
- cholesterol management
- eye & skin health boost
- weight management
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Complex carbohydrate source for extensive energy demands.
- Blood glucose management for more sustained energy levels.
- Hydration alternative that includes essential B-vitamins and electrolytes.
- Help protect against cancer risk from oxidative stress.
- Consumed by top athletes for body fuel.
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|less than 55
Food Sensitivity Rank
1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity
|less than or equal to 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)
Zucchini's make for a perfect complex carbohydrate alternative. They come loaded with water content to aid in hydration, they help protect against free radical damage to cells and DNA, they help guard against cancer cell formations, and they also promote weight-loss by helping to control blood glucose levels.
- Secoisolariciresinol Diglucoside and Hypertension
- Advances in the Researches of Lutein and Alzheimer's Disease
- Lutein, Zeaxanthin, Meso-Zeaxanthin: Against Ocular Disease
- Phytochemicals as Innovative Therapeutic Tools Against Cancer Stem Cells
- Carotenoid Consumption is Related to Lower Lipid Oxidation and DNA Damage in Middle-Aged Men
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.