PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 55
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful DNA protection
- powerful eyesight support
- powerful skin disease protection
- immune system health boost
- bone & joint health boost
- digestive health boost
- anti-aging properties
- lower "bad" cholesterol
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Great source of complex carbohydrates to provide for long term energy demands.
- Powerful recovery characteristics from a superior complex carbohydrate profile (when consumed before and after exercise).
- Hydration properties for prolonged exercise demands.
- Soothing for the skeletal system after intense exercise.
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
<1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Squash is a well-rounded vegetable. It may hold superior anti-cancer properties due to its ability to help protect DNA compromise from free radical damage. Squash also is a great source of complex carbohydrates and vitamin A for energy demands and vision support.
- Carotenoids as Natural Antioxidants
- Structures of New Glycosides from the Seeds of Cucurbita Moschata
- Advance in Studies on Anti-Cancer Activity and Mechanisms of Flavonoids
- Carotenoids and their Conversion Products in the Control of Adipocyte Function
- Intakes of Lutein, Zeaxanthin, and Other Carotenoids and Age-Related Macular Degeneration
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.