Romaine Lettuce Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 50
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- increased cardiovascular disease protection
- digestive system health boost
- immune system health boost
- bone & joint health boost
- skin & eye health boost
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- promote weight-loss
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Increase digestive system health for improved nutrient retention and an overall body function increase.
- Help protect bones and joints from excessive breakdown from high volume training regimens.
- Help protect against excessive oxidative stress from exposure to free radicals (especially next to roads and highways).
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.6 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Romaine lettuce attracts many healthy eaters for its profound nutrient profile and benefits. It contributes to many potential health benefits such as anti-cancer protection, bone and joint health, improved immune system function, lower cholesterol, and increased digestive health to list a few. Romain lettuce can be enjoyed daily by most (if you do not react negatively) and makes for a great side dish.
- Zeaxanthin and Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Carotenoids as Signaling Molecules in Cardiovascular Biology
- The Role of Antioxidants in Skin Cancer Prevention and Treatment
- Dietary Vitamin A Intake and Bone Health in the Elderly: the Rotterdam Study
- Lowering of Cholesterol Bioaccessibility and Serum Concentrations by Saponins: in Vitro and in Vivo Studies
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.