PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 61
- ferulic acid
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful free radical scavenger
- anti-inflammatory properties
- help regulate blood pressure
- powerful detoxifier
- sore throat soother
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Good source of complex carbohydrates to provide for long term energy demands.
- Promote blood alkalinity for enhanced athletic performance.
- Powerful oxidative stress combatant translating into a decrease in recovery times.
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.5 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Radishes are strong combatants of damaging pollution exposure from our environment. They are also loaded with phytochemical compounds that have been proven to reduce the risk of a wide range of cancers including prostate and ovarian cancer. Radishes may also promote blood alkalinity and aid in sore throat symptoms.
- Possible Effects of Dietary Anthocyanins on Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
- Role of Lutein and Zeaxanthin in Visual and Cognitive Function Throughout the Lifespan
- Dietary Polyphenols for Treatment of Alzheimer's Disease--Future Research and Development
- Epigenetic Regulation by Sulforaphane: Opportunities for Breast and Prostate Cancer Chemoprevention
- A Systematic Review of the Efficacy of Bioactive Compounds in Cardiovascular Disease: Phenolic Compounds
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.