PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 61
- caffeic acid
- ferulic acid
- vanillic acid
- syringic acid
- coumaric acids
- protocatechuic acid
- hydroxycinnamic acids
- complex carbohydrates
Potential Health Benefits
- digestive system health boost
- improved blood glucose management
- anti-cancer properties
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- promote weight-loss
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Superior source of complex carbohydrates with slow-to-medium blood glucose release for pre-workout energy.
- Help protect against post-workout immune system vulnerabilities (when consumed immediately after exercise).
- Help protect against excessive oxidative stress from prolonged exercise durations.
Glycemic Index Rank
55 out of 100
|Intermediate Glycemic||between 55 and 70|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.8 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Corn is one of the worlds most richly nutritious and regularly consumed foods. It is mass produced and very affordable to grow. Corn is also a great source of whole grains, dietary fiber, complex carbohydrates, and essential vitamins and minerals. It has also been shown to help control blood glucose levels, help provide anti-cancer protection, and help lower cholesterol.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.