Brussel Sprout Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 45
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful anti-inflammatory properties
- powerful body detoxifier
- increased disease protection
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- digestive health boost
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Good source of complex carbohydrates to provide for long term energy demands.
- Support immune system from post-workout vulnerabilities.
- Anti-inflammatory properties to benefit all systems and recovery times, translating into faster overall gains.
- Help reduce cancer risk from excessive exposure to free radicals and body stress.
Glycemic Index Rank
16 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1.1 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Brussel sprouts rein high on our healthy food list. They are very popular for their anti-inflammatory benefits, as well as, cancer protective properties. Brussel sprouts are also a complex carbohydrate source making them exceptionally attractive for any diet plan.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.