PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 61
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful free radical scavenger
- bone & joint health boost
- common cold prevention
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- digestive health boost
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Good source of complex carbohydrates to provide for long term energy demands.
- Support immune system from post-workout vulnerabilities.
- Vision support for high-speed, high-agility sport disciplines.
- Help reduce cancer risk from excessive exposure to free radicals and body stress.
Glycemic Index Rank
10 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1.1 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Broccoli has a fond reputation for its ability to help eliminate carcinogens from the body. Broccoli holds potent forms of the compounds called glucosinolates which may be responsible for this action. In addition, broccoli may serve as a powerful remedy for respiratory disorders providing effective relief and comfort. Overall, broccoli is a superior vegetable with superior health benefits.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.