White Bean Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 73
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful cardiovascular disease protection
- powerful digestive health boost
- powerful cholesterol management
- lower heart attack risk
- blood sugar management
- promote weight-loss
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Great source of complex carbohydrates with a slow release of glucose into the bloodstream for an extended endurance threshold.
- Great source of iron (common athletic deficiency) for an increase in energy levels.
- Great source of essential minerals to fill in nutrient gaps to increase overall athletic performance.
- Protect long-term health from excessive athletic demands.
Glycemic Index Rank
31 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
>1 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
White beans or better known as navy beans, are a profound source of complex carbohydrates, protein, phyto-nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. They were heavily used by the U.S. Navy in the 19th century (hence where the name came from) for a quick resource of virtually complete nutrition. White beans can be eaten regularly (unless you react negatively to them) and can help boost most anyone's overall health status.
- Dietary Fiber and Glycemic Control
- Petunidin Structure and Health Benefits
- Navy Bean Consumption and Colorectal Cancer Prevention
- Navy Bean Consumption Reduces Metabolic Risk Factors Associated with Obesity
- Anti-Tumor Activity of P-Coumaric Acid Against Lung Cancers via Mitochonrial-Mediated Apoptosis
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.