Wheat Germ Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 52
- phytic acid
- amino acids
- omega-3 (7:1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio)
- omega-6 (7:1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio)
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful cardiovascular health boost
- powerful digestive health boost
- bone & joint health boost
- overall well-being increase
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- promote weight-loss
- significant energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Great source of complex carbohydrates to provide for long term energy demands.
- Great source of protein and essential amino acids for muscle growth and repair.
- Great source of iron to increase blood oxygenation and energy levels for broad performance benefits (most athletes are commonly iron deficient).
- Powerful recovery characteristics from a superior complex carbohydrate profile (when consumed before and after exercise).
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
<1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Wheat germ takes the top spot on our list of exercise beneficial foods. It has one of the best complex carbohydrate profiles out of all grains. Wheat germ is saturated with minerals and essential omega fatty acids. In addition, it is a superior protein source for any individual or athlete.
- Phytic Acid--Anti-Cancer Nutriceutic
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Skeletal Muscle Health
- The Effect of Wheat Germ Extract on Premenstrual Syndrome Symptoms
- Anti-Tumor Effect of Phytic Acid on Human Osteosarcoma U2OS Cells in Vitro
- Phytic Acid Enhances the Oral Absorption of Isorhamnetin, Quercetin, and Kaempferol in Total Flavones of Hippophae Rhamnoides L
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.