PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 103
- gamma linolenic acid
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful detoxifying properties
- immune system health boost
- brain & eye health boost
- promote weight-loss
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Help protect against free radical damage to cells and DNA from excessive and prolonged breathing rates.
- Promote lean body mass resulting in a greater power-to-weight ratio.
- Help detox heavy metal and waste deposits that hinder athletic performance.
- Boost nitric oxide levels to stimulate vasodialation and increase oxygen transport to working muscles.
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
<1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Spirulina (blue-green algae) is regarded as one of the planets most nutrient dense foods. It contains greater protein bio-availability than meat and also increases blood oxygen concentration by boosting nitric oxide production. In addition, spirulina may extend life expectancy from its natural anti-aging, anti-cancer, and cell protective characteristics.
- Anti-Cancer Effects of Blue-Green Algae Spirulina Platensis
- Bioactivity and Applications of Sulphated Polysaccharides from Marine Microalgae
- Hypolipidemic, Anti-Oxidant, and Anti-Inflammatory Activities of Microalgae Spirulina
- Spirulina Phycocyanin Induces Differential Protein Expression and Apoptosis in SKOV-3 Cells
- Dietary Supplementation of Gamma-Linolenic Acid Improves Skin Parameters in Subjects with Dry Skin and Mild Atopic Dermatitis
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.