PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 62
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-inflammatory
- common cold prevention
- free radical scavenger
- digestion boost
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Energy enhancement before and after exercise.
- Increase muscle recovery rate.
- Strengthen bone and connective tissue.
- Fast injury repair and healing.
Glycemic Index Rank
66 out of 100
|Intermediate Glycemic||between 55 and 70|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1.2 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Pineapples are second to none when it comes to inflammation and digestion. The enzyme bromelain is a powerful protein carrying enzyme that helps curb inflammation in injuries and post-workout joint and muscle pain.
- Anti-Bacterial Efficacy of Pineapple Extract (Bromelain)
- Bromelain: Biochemistry, Pharmacology, and Medical Use
- Bromelain Reduces Mild Acute Knee Pain and Improves Well-Being
- Pineapple Pulp Polysaccharides and Their Anti-Tumor Cell Proliferation Activities
- Prospective Study of Intake of Fruits, Vegetables, Vitamins, and Carotenoids and Risk of Age-Related Maculopathy
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.