Pine Nut Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 40
- pinolenic acid
- omega-6 fatty acid
- polyunsaturated fat
- monounsaturated fat
- essential amino acids
- complex carbohydrates
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful cardiovascular system health boost
- powerful bone & joint health boost
- slowing of eye macular degeneration
- lower cardiovascular disease risk
- cholesterol lowering properties
- connective tissue health boost
- promote anti-aging protection
- skin & hair health boost
- anti-cancer properties
- promote weight-loss
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- High source of fat for sustained long-term energy demands and weight-loss.
- Enhance pre and post-workout caloric intake for greater workout potential.
- Post-workout refueling source that includes necessary nutrients for muscle rebuilding and growth.
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1 to 1 ratio*
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than or equal to 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Pine nuts contain one of the highest amounts of fatty acids in all of nature. In addition, they contain essential amino acids, protein, complex carbohydrates, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. Pine nuts are a great additive to most any individuals diet plan. They go well on salads and in smoothies, and are also very calorie dense. Pine nuts can be eaten regularly but only in moderation to fat intake.
- The Effect of Pine Nuts on Appetite Sensations and Gut Hormones
- Phytosterol Content and Fatty Acid Pattern of Ten Different Nut Types
- Nuts Contain Bioactive Constituents That Elicit Cardio-Protective Effects
- Effects of Traditional Stir-Frying Process on Antioxidant Capacities of Pine Nut Kernels
- Review of Nut Phytochemicals, Fat-Soluble Bioactives, Antioxidant Components, and Health Effects
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.