PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 22
- cinnamic acid
- hydroxybenzoic acids
- hydroxycinnamic acids
- complex carbohydrates
Potential Health Benefits
- lower cancer risk
- energy boost
- antioxidant boost
- help lower cholesterol
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Complex carbohydrate source for pre/post-workout energy.
- Anti-inflammatory properties lower recovery times between workout days.
- Slow & sustained energy release due to the fiber content of the skin.
Glycemic Index Rank
36 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
2.3 to 1 ratio
|High for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Pears are one of the top sources for dietary fiber. They are also great sources for complex carbohydrates. With these two major qualities combined, this provides a slow and steady release of energy into the blood stream from the digestive tract. Pears also contain high levels of phyto-nutrients and anti-cancer properties making them very attractive to consume regularly.
- Dietary Flavonoid Intakes and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Anti-Cancer Agents Derived From Natural Cinnamic Acids
- Cinnamic Acid Derivatives as Antioxidant and Anti-Cancer Agents
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Health Implications of Dietary Fiber
- Hydroxybenzoic Acids and Their Derivatives as Peroxynitrite Scavengers
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.