PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 24
- gallic acid
- flavonol glycosides
Potential Health Benefits
- promote wound & injury healing
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- lower breast cancer risk
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- immune system boost
- mood health boost
- improve digestion
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Promote body alkalinity for improved athletic performance.
- Improve immune health and response times.
- Decrease recovery times and overall post-workout body breakdown.
- Potent antioxidant content to help protect against oxidative stress from high volume exercise.
Glycemic Index Rank
51 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
3.1 to 1 ratio
|High for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
The mango fruit is very special indeed. It contains unique phytochemicals such as mangiferin and lupeol that have been shown to help prevent certain types of cancer and may have anti-microbial properties. In addition, mango is one of the many fruits that can boost mood and promote injury healing.
- Anacardic Acid and Lung Cancer
- Polyphenols: Well Beyond the Antioxidant Capacity
- Mangiferin - A Bioactive Xanthonoid, Not Only From Mango and Not Just Antioxidant
- Mango Polyphenols and its Protective Effects on Diseases Associated to Oxidative Stress
- Hepatoprotective and Antioxidant Effects of Wheat, Carrots, and Mango as Neutraceutical Agents
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.