Green Bean Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 61
- essential amino acids
- complex carbohydrates
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- digestive system health boost
- cardiovascular system health boost
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- promote weight-loss
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Good source of complex carbohydrates and fiber for an extended endurance threshold.
- Good source of essential minerals to fill in nutrient gaps to increase overall athletic performance.
- Protect against free radical formations within the body from prolonged exercise durations.
Glycemic Index Rank
<15 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1.4 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Green beans are popular for their overall health boost. They are good sources of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals. Green beans are easy to eat and taste great. They can also be enjoyed regularly (unless you are allergic to them) and make for a quick refreshing and healthy snack alternative.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.