Garbanzo Bean Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 83
- caffeic acid
- ferulic acid
- vanillic acid
- chlorogenic acid
- hydroxycinnamic acids
- essential amino acids
- complex carbohydrates
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful cardiovascular disease protection
- powerful digestive health boost
- powerful cholesterol management
- blood sugar management
- promote weight-loss
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Great source of complex carbohydrates with a slow release of glucose into the bloodstream for an extended endurance threshold.
- Great source of iron (common athletic deficiency) for an increase in energy levels.
- Great source of essential minerals to fill in nutrient gaps to increase overall athletic performance.
- Protect long-term health from excessive athletic demands.
Glycemic Index Rank
28 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
>1 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Garbanzo beans are one of nature's most nutritious and satiety promoting foods on the planet. They contain high amounts of fiber, iron, complex carbohydrates, amino acids, trace minerals, and B-vitamins. They can be eaten regularly (unless you negatively react to them in anyway) and may help to benefit the body in huge ways including lower cancer risk, lower heart attack risk, lower cardiovascular disease risk, blood glucose management, and digestive health boosting.
- Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas) and LDL Cholesterol Levels
- Effects of Garbanzo Beans on Cholesterol and Glycemic Control
- Garbanzo Beans, Cardiovascular Disease, and Neurological Degeneration
- Composition, Nutritional Value, and Health Benefits of Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
- Determination of Polyphenols, Flavonoids, and Antioxidants in Garbanzo Beans
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.