PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 52
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful anti-inflammatory benefits
- lower blood pressure
- promote body detox
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Powerfully enhance performance by increasing oxygen uptake by working muscles for an overall stamina and strength boost.
- Decrease post-exercise recovery times from lower inflammation levels.
- Complex carbohydrate source for extensive energy demands.
- Hydration alternative that includes essential B-vitamins and electrolytes.
- Help protect against cancer risk from high oxidative stress levels.
Glycemic Index Rank
64 out of 100
|Intermediate Glycemic||between 55 and 70|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than or equal to 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Beets are a must have in any person's diet looking to obtain more out of their body (unless you react negatively to them). They may help protect against cancer, cardiovascular health related illnesses, inflammation, and body toxins. Beets can be eaten regularly to enhance athletic performance and to help maintain a healthy well-being.
- The Metabolism of Anthocyanins
- Anti-Radical, Anti-Microbial, and Cytotoxic Activities of of Commercial Beetroot Pomace
- The Effects of Beetroot Juice Supplementation on Indices of Muscle Damage Following Eccentric Exercise
- Betanin-Enriched Red Beetroot Extract Induces Apoptosis and Autophagic Cell-Death in MCF-7 (Cancer) Cells
- The Beetroot Component Betanin Modulates ROS Production, DNA Damage, and Apoptosis in Human Polymorphonuclear Neutrophils
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.