Arugula Lettuce Facts:
PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - N/A
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- powerful free radical scavenger
- anti-inflammatory properties
- lower "bad" cholesterol
- digestive health boost
- eye health boost
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Good source of complex carbohydrates to provide for long term energy demands.
- High nitrate content for lower blood pressure and improved oxygen uptake to working muscles.
- Enhance exercise tolerance for long-duration endurance training.
- Fight off oxidative stress from excessive free radical exposure from elevated breathing rates.
Glycemic Index Rank
<10 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.6 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Arugula is a favorite among many sports professionals for its high fiber content, vast antioxidant profile, and also its ability to improve muscle oxidation. Arugula carries some of the same performance enhancement characteristics as beet juice. Included in that, is its ability to help ward off cancer causing cell formations and DNA damage from harmful free radicals.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.