PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 30
- chlorogenic acid
- neochlorogenic acid
- hydroxycinnamic acids
- complex carbohydrates
Potential Health Benefits
- powerful disease protection
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- improve memory function
- decrease oxidative stress
- eyesight health boost
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Increase bone health and protection.
- Increase digestive health for better nutrient absorption, translating to a healthier body and better performance.
- Slow absorption of complex carbohydrates for sustained energy release.
Glycemic Index Rank
24 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.6 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Plums rank high on nutrient density as well as anti-cancer properties from their dense content of phytochemicals and antioxidants. Plums make for a great power snack for strenuous days and stressful events. Interestingly, new research suggests that they may also help to protect our eyes and our bones from stress and degeneration.
- The Effect of Dried Plum on Osteoporosis
- The Effect of Prunes on Gastrointestinal Function
- Dried Plums (Prunes) vs. Psyllium for Constipation
- Identification, Quantitative Determination, and Antioxidant Activities of Cholorogenic Acid Isomers in Prune
- Neochlorogenic Acid Inhibits Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Activation and Pro-Inflammatory Responses in BV2 Microglial Cells
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.