PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 5
Potential Health Benefits
- wound healing
- lower illness risk
- anti-cancer properties
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Fight against post-workout illness vulnerability.
- Fast acting wound healing from exercise injury.
- Pre and post exercise energy boost.
Glycemic Index Rank
59 out of 100
|Intermediate Glycemic||between 55 and 70|
Food Sensitivity Rank
0.3 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Papaya is well-known around the world as one of the fastest wound healing foods we can eat. They have more than double the vitamin C content of an orange which also makes them great for preventing illness.
- Anti-Cancer Activity of Papaya
- Vitamin C and the Risk of Developing Inflammatory Polyarthritis
- Lycopene - Antioxidant and Radioprotective and Anticancer Properties
- Carotenoids Are More Bioavailable from Papaya Than from Tomato and Carrot
- Cancer Chemopreventive Effects of the Flavonoid-Rich Fraction Isolated from Papaya Seeds
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.