PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 42
- complex carbohydrate
Potential Health Benefits
- increased protection from carcinogens
- powerful anti-cancer properties
- increased disease protection
- immune system health boost
- skeletal system health boost
- blood sugar management
- natural body detoxifier
- improved digestion
- headache remedy
- energy boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Increase blood sugar regulation for more sustained exercise energy.
- Good source of complex carbohydrates to provide for long term energy demands.
- Decrease post-workout inflammation for improved recovery.
- High level of phytochemical content to help protect against free radical formations within the body from elevated breathing rates.
Glycemic Index Rank
<10 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1.2 to 1 ratio
|Low-Medium for Fructose Sensitivity||more than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Cabbage is an excellent vegetable for improving overall health and human performance due to its incredible cancer fighting antioxidant and phytochemical content contained in each serving. Cabbage is also well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties and its ability to help protect cells against the negative effects of a polluted environment.
- Vascular Effects of Flavonoids
- Dietary Isothiocyanates and Bladder Cancer Risk
- Intake of Cruciferous Vegetables Modifies Bladder Cancer Survival
- Bioactive Substances with Preventive Effects In Cardiovascular Diseases
- Cruciferous Vegetable Intake is Inversely Associated with Lung Cancer Risk Among Smokers
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.