PQ (Protein Quality) x PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score) - 47
Potential Health Benefits
- promote normal blood pressure
- support heart function
- increase digestive bifidobacteria
- support ATP production
- help lower cholesterol
- anti-oxidant boost
Potential Athletic Benefits
- Promote mental alertness and longevity of focus.
- Fight against muscle cramps.
- Good source of energy from vitamin C and vitamin B6 which are common deficiencies among athletes.
- Complex carbohydrate source for pre/post-workout energy.
Glycemic Index Rank
53 out of 100
|Low Glycemic||less than 55|
Food Sensitivity Rank
1 to 1 ratio
|Low for Fructose Sensitivity||less than 1 (fructose to glucose ratio)|
Bananas are one of natures most health promoting fruits. They support healthy digestive bacteria that aid in blood barrier nutrient absorption. In addition, given their high vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium levels, they are viewed as an essential daily food for any individual. This is why it makes them the most popular fruit in the U.S., not to mention their savory flavor.
Sources include: USDA
***All-Body Fitness takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided above. Please contact a medical doctor or a registered dietitian for nutrition advice.